The HECToR Service is now closed.
The HECToR Service is now superceded by ARCHER.For details of the ARCHER service see the ARCHER Website.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Helpdesk.
The support section contains the HECToR User Guide, the HECToR Best Practice Guide, the HECToR FAQ and other documentation relating to HECToR. It also contains information on how to get in touch with the HECToR Helpdesk if you have any questions or problems relating to the service. There are also links to other support information such as the User Wiki.
The CSE section contains information on training courses run as part of the HECToR service; documentation on optimising your code for the HECToR facilities; applying for dCSE resources to improve your software and reports on previous dCSE projects; and the HECToR Newsletters.
The Cray CoE section has information on projects that have been undertaken by the CoE to improve software performance on Cray architectures.
- 24 Mar 2014, HECToR Service Now Closed
- 17 Jan 2014, HECToR end of Service, RDF Upgrade
- 3 July 2013, Module Updates and Removals
- 27 May 2013, New version of MPI on HECToR will require recompile and relink
- 11 April 2013, Applications Open for PRACE Managing Director
Upcoming Training Courses
- March 25-27, 2014University of Sheffield - Parallel Programming with MPI CLOSED
- September 17-19, 2013 NAG Manchester - Accelerating Applications with CUDA
- September 24-28, 2012 University of Warwick - Core Algorithms for High Performance Scientific ComputingCLOSED
- September 25th, 2012 NAG Manchester - MulticoreCLOSED
- September 26th, 2012 Culham Centre for Fusion Energy, Oxfordshire - Parallel I/OCLOSED
- May 23-24, 2011 NAG Oxford - An Introduction to CUDA Programming FULL
- May 25-26, 2011 NAG Oxford - An Introduction to OpenCL ProgrammingFULL
- May 25-26, 2011University of Bath - OpenMP
- February 24-26, 2009 NAG Manchester - Fortran 95
- October 27-28 NAG Oxford - Scientific Visualization