HECToR Cabinet Design Competition
To mark the unveiling of the third phase of HECToR - the UK's largest, fastest and most powerful supercomputer in summer 2011, the Research Councils are launching a competition to produce a design for the front of HECToR.
The winning entry will be turned, by professional designers, into a room-sized picture spanning the front panels of the HECToR supercomputer.
PrizesThe winner(s) will receive a contribution towards travel costs to attend the launch ceremony in Edinburgh in 2012 when the artwork will be unveiled. They will also receive a wall plaque for their school/science club/STEM club to mark their contribution to the understanding of science in the UK. Second prize will be 50 GBP of Amazon vouchers, third prize will be 30 GBP of Amazon vouchers.
The prizes will be awarded to the designs that best demonstrate:
- an understanding of the breadth of science undertaken on HECToR
- that science can be inspiring and benefit society as a whole
- originality and creativity
The winning designs will be chosen by a panel of judges from the Research Councils and the University of Edinburgh.
- Entries can be hand drawn or designed on a computer and can be submitted on paper or as a high quality image on CD-ROM (TBC).
- Entrants must be between 11 and 16 years old on the 8th July 2011
- The closing date for entries is 5pm on Friday 8 July.
- Entries must be submitted with the entry form.
- For further details, including full terms and conditions, design specifications and to get a copy of the entry form, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org